Friday, February 27, 2009
Brussels Sprouts with Hot Orange Sauce
10-12 Brussels sprouts
1 tbs of butter
1 tsp of grated orange rind
¼ cup of freshly squeezed orange juice
¼ tsp of ground ginger
2 tbs of chopped fresh parsley
½ tsp of GF cornstarch
1. Clean brussels sprouts, trimming the ends and taking off the outer leaves.
2. Cut the sprouts in half and then boil or steam them for about 5 minutes until softened.
3. Drain and reserve.
4. Now melt butter in a skillet and add blanched brussel sprouts, ground ginger and season with salt and pepper.
5. Now add orange juice and cornstarch.
6. Cook through – about 3 minutes. Stir frequently until the sauce thickens.
7. Pour into a serving dish and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.