Friday, February 27, 2009
Parotta - 3, chop or break into small pieces (available in Indian grocery stores in the freezer section)
Oil - 1 Tbsp
Mustard Seeds - 1/4 tsp
Curry Leaves - few
Green Chilies - to taste, finely chopped
Ginger - 1 tsp, minced
Onions - 1/2 medium, finely chopped
Tomatoes - 1, medium, finely chopped
Chaat Masala - 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
Red Chili Powder - to taste
Salt - to taste
Cilantro - garnish
Eggs - 2
1. Heat Oil in a medium pan on medium heat.
2. Add Mustard Seeds and let them pop.
3. Add Curry Leaves and Onions and cook until translucent.
4. Add minced Ginger and Green Chilies and cook for 1 minute.
5. Add Tomatoes and cook for few minutes until soft.
6. Add Chaat Masala, Red Chili Powder, Garam Masala and Salt. Mix well.
7. Add chopped Paroatta and cook until the Parotta gets heated all the way through.
8. Add in some of the chopped Cilantro and save some for garnishing.
9. Break the Eggs into the pan and mix continously till the eggs are fully cooked.
10. Garnish with the balance of the Cilantro.
11. Serve hot with Cilantro & Mint Raita.