Friday, February 27, 2009
Szechuan Chicken and Mango
1 lb boneless chicken, sliced into ½ inch strips
1 egg white
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tbsp corn starch
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tbsp ginger, minced
1 green pepper, julienne
1 jalapeno, minced
1 mango, peel and cut into ¼ in slices
4 whole dried Szechuan peppers
1 whole scallion, whites sliced, greens julienned for garnish
1 tbsp GF Hoisin Sauce
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp GF Tamari soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp canola oil
1. Add the egg white to a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
2. Add sliced chicken and sprinkle with GF corn starch and reserve.
3. To make the sauce to a bowl add GF hosin sauce, rice wine vinegar, GF Tamari soy sauce, sesame oil, and honey.
4. Now pre-heat your wok and add a good amount of oil and add the whole dried Szechuan peppers.
5. Next add the garlic, ginger, jalapeno, and green pepper and sauté for about 30 seconds.
6. Make a hole in the middle and pour in the chicken and cook for about 2 minutes.
7. Now add the mango, just heat it through and add the sliced scallion whites.
8. Finally pour in the sauce and let it come to a simmer, it will thicken.
Plate and garnish with scallion greens and fresh cilantro.