Friday, February 27, 2009
Methi Malai Mater
Fenugreek Leaves - 1 bunch
Frozen Peas - 16 oz (1/2 kg)
Heavy Whipping Cream - 1 cup (or to taste)
Evaporated Milk - 5 oz can (147 ml)
Salt - to taste
Oil - 1 Tbsp
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Whole Dry Red Chilies - to taste
Ginger - 1 Tbsp
Onion - 1/2 medium, chopped
Tomato - 1 medium, chopped
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
Garam Masala - 1 tsp
Red Chili Powder - to taste
1. Wash Fenugreek Leaves well, remove roots and chop finely.
2. Sprinkle salt over Fenugreek Leave, mix well and set aside 15-20 minutes
3. Heat Oil in a medium pan on medium heat.
4. Add Cumin Seeds and allow them to sizzle for 10-15 secs.
5. Add in Dry Red Chili (break the chili in half if you like it spicy).
6. Add Turmeric Powder and immediately, add in Onions. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
7. Add Ginger, mix and cook until Onions are a light golden color.
8. Add Tomatoes, mix and cook for 5 minutes.
9. Add Green Peas, Coriander Powder, Garam Masala, Red Chili Powder, Salt and Whole Dry Red Chilies. Mix well, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Be sure to stir in between to prevent sticking.
10. Squeeze out salt water from Fenugreek Leaves and add it to the peas.
11. Cover and cook until Peas and Fenugreek Leaves are cooked (3-6 minutes).
12. Add in Heavy Whipping Cream and Evaporated Milk, mix well and bring to a boil.
13. Serve hot with Rice.