Friday, February 27, 2009
Spicy Potato Wedges
Potatoes - 2, medium , wedged (approx 3/4 lb or 300 gm)
Oilve Oil - 1 tbsp
Garlic - 2 cloves, smashed
Black Pepper - 1/8 tsp
Garlic Powder - 1/4 tsp
Italian Seasoning - 1 tsp
Red Chili Flakes - 1/2 tsp
Dry Mango Powder/Amchur - 1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Chaat Masala - to taste (optional)
1. Pre-heat the oven at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
2. Cut the Potatoes into wedges and soak in water.
3. Remove the water from the Potatoes and put them in a microwave safe bowl.
4. Salt the Potatoes and mix.
5. Cover and cook in the microwave for 3 minutes till they are half cooked.
6. Strain out all the water from the Potatoes.
7. Line a baking sheet with foil. Spray Cooking Oil to avoid potatoes sticking to the foil.
8. Add Oil to the Potatoes and mix well.
9. Add in the Garlic and mix.
10. Keep adding the balance of the dry spices and keep mixing: Red Chili flakes, Italian Seasoning, Gralic Powder, Black Pepper and Amchur. Mix gently but well.
11. Spread the wedges onto the baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 20-25 minutes.
12. Serve hot with ketchup and add Chaat Masala (optional).