Friday, February 27, 2009
Gingered Carrots and Dates
1 pound of carrots
1/3 cup of chopped pitted dates
2 tsp of butter
1 tbs of ginger root, minced
3 tbs of lightly packed brown sugar
Salt and pepper for taste
1. Peel and slice 1 lb.of carrots.
2. Transfer the carrots to a large saucepan and cover with water.
3. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and add salt.
4. Reduce the heat and cook uncovered, until tender - about 5 minutes.
5. Drain the water and return the carrots to the same pan.
6. Add butter, minced ginger root and brown sugar.
7. Increase the heat to medium and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes.
8. Add dates and cook until warmed through.
9. Season with salt and pepper.