Saturday, February 28, 2009
Gluten Free Latkes
2 lbs. of potatoes
1/4 cup of GF flour (Doves Farm)
1 tsp of GF baking powder
3/4 tsp of salt
1 large onion, grated
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup of vegetable oil
1/2 cup of sour cream, optional
1/2 cup of apple sauce, optional
1. Using a food processor, grate potatoes and onion into a large mixing bowl.
2. Squeeze the mixture tightly between your hands to release excess water and return the potatoes and onion to a bowl.
3. To the potato mixture add flour, egg, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
4. Next in a large heavy skillet, heat Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil over medium heat.
5. Using your hands or a spoon, put about 2 tablespoons per pancake into the skillet.
6. Cook each pancake for 4 minutes, then flip and cook for another 2 minutes or until golden brown, crisp and cooked through