Friday, February 27, 2009
Tawa Gobi - Pan Seared Cauliflower
Ingredients: (all ingredients are to taste)
Cauliflower - cut to bite size florets
Oil - for coating cauliflower and for pan searing
Red Chili Powder
Dry Mango Powder (Amchur)
Onion - optional, sliced
Cilantro (Coriander Leaves) for garnishing
1. Rinse Cauliflower florets with water and lightly salt them in a microwave safe bowl.
2. Cover and microwave cauliflower until half-cooked (approx 3 minutes).
3. Drizzle a little oil on the cauliflower.
4. Sprinkle Red Chili Powder and additional salt if required.
5. Drizzle Oil in a non-stick skillet and caramelize the cauliflower - lightly pressing it as you cook.
6. Drizzle a little oil in the skillet and caramelize the onion slices - adding salt to them at the end.
7. Arrange the onions on a plate and top with cauliflower pieces.
8. Sprinkle Dry Mango Powder, Red Chili Powder and Chat Masala to taste.
9. Garnish with Cilantro (coriander leaves).
10. Serve hot.