Friday, February 27, 2009
Minced Meat [Beef or Turkey] – 1lb
Channa Daal – ½ cup
Garlic – 3 cloves
Ginger – 1? pc.
Green Chili – optional and to taste
Onion – 1/2 medium
Water – 3/4 cup
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Dhaniya powder – 1 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Red chili powder – to taste
Egg – 1, beaten
GF Bread Crumbs – as needed for coating
Oil – for pan frying
1. In a pressure cooker, add in most of the above ingredients - Meat, Daal, Garlic, Ginger, Green Chili, Salt & Water. Cook with the weight on high heat, allow it to whistle 1 time and then reduce the flame and cook for 25-30 minutes.
2. Let the mixture cool to room temperature. Add in the Onions and grind well in a blender. Avoid using water.
3. Add in the dry spices - Garam Masala, Coriander Powder, Cumin Powder & Red Chili Powder. Mix well.
4. Add in the egg little at a time and mix.
5. Shape the mixture into desired size patties. (Store the mixture in the refrigerator for a couple of hours if the mixture is too soft to make kebabs.)
6. Heat some oil in a shallow skillet.
7. Pour GF Breadcrumbs into a shallow plate.
8. Roll the kebabs (patties) on the GF breadcrumbs.
9. Shallow fry kebabs in oil on both sides till golden-brown.
10. Serve with Imli (Tamarind), Mint or Green Chutney or good old ketchup.
11. Makes 8 –10 kebabs (depending on size)
1. If mixture consistency is too watery, add a well-mashed potato or some GF bread crumbs.
2. Increase the amount of Garam Masala to get a spicier flavor.