Friday, February 27, 2009
Crispy Seasoned Arbi
Arbi (Taro Root)
Red Chili Powder
Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
1. Wash the Arbi and place in a Pressure Cooker.
2. Pour Water, enough to cover the Arbi.
3. Close the Cooker and allow it to build pressure and whistle 3 times and take it off the flame.
4. Once the pressure has gone, it is safe to open.
5. Take out the Arbi and peel them.
6. While they are still warm, place the Arbi between your plams and press.
7. Flatten the Arbi evenly.
8. On a skillet, heat Oil.
9. Place the Arbi in hot Oil and cook it is a golden color.
10. Flip the Arbi and repeat the process on the other side.
11. Once done, take it out and place it on a paper towel.
12. Sprinkle Salt, Chaat Masala, Amchur & Red Chili Powder to taste on both sides.
13. Serve hot! you can also place in a GF Bun with Chutney or Ketchup