Friday, February 27, 2009
6 hard boiled eggs
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3/4 tsp GF mustard
1/2 tsp lemon juice
salt, pepper and paprika to taste
1. With 6 eggs brought up to room temperature add them to a small pot of cold water, covering the eggs by about 2 inches of water.
Keep the water at a simmer. Cook the eggs for 7-9 minutes. Once they are done, run the cooked eggs under cold water.
2. Cut the eggs in half lengthwise and remove the yolks and place them in a bowl.
3. Wipe your knife with a damp towel between each cut to make a clean cut.
4. Set the whites aside on a contoured egg serving tray if you have one.
5. Mash the yolks with Hellmann's Mayonnaise, GF mustard, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Refill the whites using about a tablespoon of the yolk mixture for each egg half.
7. Finish them off by garnishing with chives and a sprinkle of paprika.